Welcome to the web page of the Institute of Agrobiotechnology (Idab). Idab is a young research center, inaugurated in the year 1999, in which different aspects related to biotechnology and agronomy are investigated. Idab is a mixed center, which means that its ownership is shared among the Public University of Navarra (UPNA), the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), and the Government of Navarra. The research personnel of Idab is constituted by teachers of UPNA, staff researchers of CSIC, technicians and personnel of administration and services of both institutions and also personnel under contracts. Nowadays 32 out of the 75 people (40 %) that work at the Idab have a doctorate degree. The main missions of the Idab are:
· To lead the research efforts that are carried out in our community in topics related to Biotechnology, in order to consolidate an economic and social development based on knowledge.
· To transform the scientific knowledge acquired into tools applicable to agriculture, health and the environment.
· To stimulate the development of business activities around the investigation on biological problems.
· To offer technical advice about new technologies related to biotechnology to the academic and business community.
· To train researchers through predoctoral scholarship programs and postdoctoral contracts.
With this web page we try to transmit a view of the activities that the different research groups carry out, their lines of investigation, the employment offers, publications, seminars and events that are performed at the Idab.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you do not find the information that you need. We will be grateful for all your suggestions and comments.
A cordial greeting,
Iñigo LasaDirector of Idab